General Tournament Rules
- All players agree to abide by the FIDE laws of chess.
- There is no analysis in the playing hall: please use the analysis room provided.
- All mobile phones and other communication devices are to be switched off in the tournament hall. A breach of this rule will result in the automatic loss of the game in the case of a player (if a game is in progress), or the exclusion from the tournament hall until the start of the next round (in the case of player who has finished their game), or for the rest of the day (in the case of a spectator).
- Parents and coaches are not to interfere with the games. If a dispute arises, players are entitled to stop the clock and call an arbiter. The arbiters decision will be final.
- In the event of a tie, standard FIDE tiebreak rules will be used to determine final placings and determine trophy winners.
- Cash prizes will be shared equally among players on equal scores
- The time control for the Lidums Australian Young Masters GM, IM and Open will be 90 minutes + 30 seconds per move from move 1.
- The time control for the Lidums Australian Junior Masters U/1200 will be 60 minutes + 10 seconds per move from move 1.
- The Lidums Australian Young Masters IM and Open tournaments will be ACF and FIDE rated.
- The Lidums Australian Junior Masters U/1200 will be ACF rated.